It happens that I was busy with the email-adapter myself, and it would be nice to have neatly formatted email. It took me some time, but I managed to do it.
It basically consist of:
- Define an outbound email adapter config, with Opaque element. This expects an Base64 encoded payload, which enables you to put in everything you want (given it is valid for your receiver)
- Create an HTML payload as a string, simply by concatenating all the html code, your content and probaly variable-content.
- Use an embedded java activity to unencode the XML encodings and Base64 encode it.
- Copy the Base64 encoded payload to the opaque message payload, fill in the subject and the to-email-adres
- Invoke the email adapter, with the following properties on the invoke activity:
- jca.ums.to -> based on a variable
- jca.ums.subject -> based on a variable
- jca.ums.msg.content-type -> based on an expression: "text/html"
Read the complete how-to here.
When I have time, in a later stage I'll update this message to transfer the content to this page.