Tuesday 23 January 2018

SoapUI: validate a date field in response with current date

Once in a while you need to validate a service that has dates in the response. Although SoapUI has xpath and xquery match assertions, validate against strings is quite difficult. How to do a date comparison against for instance the current date?

You can do it with a script assertion:
And the content of this can be:
def groovyUtils = new com.eviware.soapui.support.GroovyUtils(context)
// Set Namespaces
def holder = groovyUtils.getXmlHolder(messageExchange.responseContent)
//holder.namespaces["soapenv"] = "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
def dateFoundStr = holder.getNodeValue("/Results/ResultSet/Row[1]/DATE_FOUND")
def dateFound = new Date().parse("yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ss", dateFoundStr)
dateFoundStr = dateFound.format("yyyy-MM-dd")
//Current Date
def date = new Date()
def currentDate=date.format("yyyy-MM-dd")
assert dateFoundStr == currentDate

First we need to fetch and parse the response content using the holder variable, parsing the messageExchange.responseContent using groovyUtils.getXmlHolder.

Second, the particular date is found, here dateFound as a field from a JDBC response. A JDBC response does not have namespaces, but from a SOAP response it helps to declare namespaces. For an example see the commented line for holder.namespaces["soapenv"].

Third, I parse the found date, which is a string as fetched from the xml, to a date time, then format it to a string to get only the date part. This could be done simply using substring methods, but I wanted to try this. And get and formatthe currentDate as a string.

In the end just do assert with a comparison of both values.

There you go.

Monday 22 January 2018

Modify your nodemanager.properties in wlst

In 2016 I did several posts on automatic installs of Fusion MiddleWare, including domain creation using wlst.

With weblogic 12c you automatically get a pre-configured per-domain nodemanager. But you might find the configuration not completely suiting your whishes.

It would be nice to update the nodemanager.properties file to with your properties in the same script.

Today I started with upgrading our Weblogic Tuning and Troubleshooting training to 12c, and one of the steps is to adapt the domain creation script. In the old script, the AdminServer is started right way, to add the managed server to the domain. In my before mentioned script, I do that offline. But since I like to be able to update the nodemanager.properties file I figured that out.

Earlier, I created  a function to just write a new property file:
# Create a NodeManager properties file.
def createNodeManagerPropertiesFile(javaHome, nodeMgrHome, nodeMgrType, nodeMgrListenAddress, nodeMgrListenPort):
  print ('Create Nodemanager Properties File for home: '+nodeMgrHome)
  print (lineSeperator)
  fileNew=open(nmProps, 'w')
  fileNew.write('#Node manager properties\n')
  fileNew.write('#%s\n' % str(datetime.now()))
  fileNew.write('DomainsFile=%s/%s\n' % (nodeMgrHome,'nodemanager.domains'))
  fileNew.write('NodeManagerHome=%s\n' % nodeMgrHome)
  fileNew.write('JavaHome=%s\n' % javaHome)
  fileNew.write('ListenAddress=%s\n' % nodeMgrListenAddress)
  fileNew.write('ListenPort=%s\n' % nodeMgrListenPort)
  if nodeMgrType == 'ssl':
  fileNew.write('LogFile=%s/%s\n' % (nodeMgrHome,'nodemanager.log'))

But this one just rewrites the file, and so I need to determine the values for properties like DomainsFile, JavaHome, etc., which are already set correctly in the original file. I only want to update the ListenAddress, and ListenPort, and possibly the SecureListener property based on the nodemanager type. Besides that, I want to backup the original file as well.

So, I adapted this  function to:
# Update the Nodemanager Properties
def updateNMProps(nmPropertyFile, nodeMgrListenAddress, nodeMgrListenPort, nodeMgrType):
  nmProps = ''
  print ('Read Nodemanager properties file%s: ' % nmPropertyFile)
  f = open(nmPropertyFile)
  for line in f.readlines():
    if line.strip().startswith('ListenPort'):
      line = 'ListenPort=%s\n' % nodeMgrListenPort
    elif line.strip().startswith('ListenAddress'):
      line = 'ListenAddress=%s\n' % nodeMgrListenAddress
    elif line.strip().startswith('SecureListener'):
       if nodeMgrType == 'ssl':
         line = 'SecureListener=true\n'
         line = 'SecureListener=false\n'
    # making sure these properties are set to true:
    elif line.strip().startswith('QuitEnabled'):
      line = 'QuitEnabled=%s\n' % 'true'
    elif line.strip().startswith('CrashRecoveryEnabled'):
      line = 'CrashRecoveryEnabled=%s\n' % 'true'
    elif line.strip().startswith('weblogic.StartScriptEnabled'):
      line = 'weblogic.StartScriptEnabled=%s\n' % 'true'
    elif line.strip().startswith('weblogic.StopScriptEnabled'):
      line = 'weblogic.StopScriptEnabled=%s\n' % 'true'         
    nmProps = nmProps + line
  # Backup file
  print nmProps
  print ('Rename File %s to %s ' % (nmPropertyFile, nmPropertyFileOrg))
  os.rename(nmPropertyFile, nmPropertyFileOrg)  
  # Save New File
  print ('\nNow save the changed property file to %s' % nmPropertyFile)
  fileNew=open(nmPropertyFile, 'w')
It first reads the property file, denoted with nmPropertyFile line by line.
If a line starts with a particular property that I want to set specifically, then the line is replaced. Each line is then added to the nmProps  variable. For completeness and validation I print the resulting variable.
Then I rename the original file to nmPropertyFile+'.org' using os.rename(). And lastly, I write the contents of the nmProps to the original file in one go.

This brings me again one step further to a completely scripted domain.