Monday, 27 September 2010

Templates in BPEL Transforms

Multiple times I encountered that the Transformation tool of de BPEL designer has difficulties to cope with xpath and xslt functions in the stylesheet that it does not 'know'.
We have for example some custom xslt functions and I use some xpath 2.0 functions. And if I use them and deploy the process, they'll work. But for the mapper -tool the transform is invalid and it will not show the transformation map.

This is especially true for BPEL 10.1.2 that is still used at my current customer (there is a upgrade to 11g project on going).

Very anoying, because we have some large xsl's that use a large number of custom xslt-functions to do a cached dvm lookup.

But today I found a very nice workaround. If you hide those functions in a custom user template then the transformation map does not have difficulties with it.

I now have the following user-defined template (put at the bottom of the xsl stylesheet):

<xsl:template name="TransformLandCode">
<xsl:param name="landCode"/>
<xsl:comment>Transform Landcode gebruikmakend van cache:lookup
<xsl:variable name="result" select="cache:lookup($landCode,&quot;LandCodeDomain_<FromSystem>To<ToSystem>&quot;)"/>
<xsl:value-of select="$result"/>

So where I had something like:
<xsl:value-of select="cache:lookup(/ns1:rootElement/ns1:subElement/ns1:LandCode,&quot;LandCodeDomain_&lt;FromSystem&gt;To&lt;ToSystem&gt;&quot;)"/>

I now call the template:
<xsl:call-template name="TransformLandCode">
<xsl:with-param name="landCode" select="/ns1:rootElement/ns1:subElement/ns1:LandCode"/>

Nice is by the way that the mapper also allows for adding the call statement in to the map using drag and drop. Also the parameters can be filled using dragging the lines:

And of course you can add code-snippets for it.

Wednesday, 22 September 2010

Headache from postfix

Earlier I wrote a post on how postfix could be used in a mail integration solution. This was a result on a project that I'm doing using postfix to catch mail and transfer it via a bash-shell script, through mq to BPEL PM using the mq-adapter.

I added a logging construction in the script that give me a nice mechanism to do some logging:
#Logging variables
#Check log dir and create it if it does not exist.
if [ "$LOG_ENABLED" -eq $TRUE ]; then
  if [ -d $LOG_DIR ]; then
    #log a seperation line
    mkdir $LOG_DIR
#Function to display usage
  SCRIPT_PARAMETERS=" -q queuename -s sender -r receiver";
  USAGE="Usage: `basename $0` $SCRIPT_PARAMETERS";
  echo $USAGE;
  if [ "$LOG_ENABLED" -eq $TRUE ]; then
    TEXT="$1 ""$2"
    echo $TEXT >>$LOG_FILENAME;
# First check logdir

#Do the rest of the script logic

It works nicely, but the solution described in the earlier post works only for mails with one receipient. This was caused by the flag 'D' in the transport-line of the
The 'D' flag prepends a message with a property line with the receipient.
# 2010-02-10, M. van den Akker: Setup transport routescript for passing message to a bash-script
routescript   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
flags=FDq. user=smtpuser argv=/bin/bash -c /home/smtpuser/ -s $sender -r $recipient -q $nexthop
Besides removing this flag, also the argument parsing of the script should be adapted, to support for multiple receipients:
until [ -z "$1" ]
  log "Argument $ARG_NR: " $1
  case $1 in
    "-s") PARAM=$1;;
    "-r") PARAM=$1;;
    "-q") PARAM=$1;;
    * )  case $PARAM in
            "-s") SENDER=$1;
                  log "Sender: " $SENDER;;
            "-r") RECEIVER=$1;
                  log "Receiver: " $RECEIVER;
                  if  [ -z "$RECEIVER_LIST" ]
                  log "Receiverlist: " $RECEIVER_LIST;;
            "-q") FQN_QUEUE_NAME=$1;
                  log "Queue: " $FQN_QUEUE_NAME;;
            * ) usage;
            exit $E_WRONG_ARGS;;
shift 1;
#Log Parameters.

But implementing this I got the strange behaviour that posfix did call my script but the script did not get any arguments! Logging like the following gave me 0 arguments:
# Check Arguments
log "Number of arguments:  $#"
log "Arguments:  $*"

Yesterday and this morning I tried and figured and thought until my brains got nearly overheated. But since all my configs seemed alright and even the version I knew they worked, it finally stroke me that it had to with the commandline to call the script.

And I finally had it. It was due to the nasty '-c' option after '/bin/bash'!

It probably got there through an example I used. And it was removed in the test environments, but apparently not in my examples and documentation. So it also came into my earlier post. The option toggles the spawn of a new bash-session for the script. The arguments got into the 'parent' session but not into the 'child'-session that runs the script. Removing the '-c'option would do the trick.

Furthermore I moved the $receiver argument to the end since it can expand to more arguments. Although the script would not have problems with it, I found it saver.

So the resulting (correct) line in the should be:
routemq   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
flags=Fq. user=smtpbridge argv=/bin/bash  /home/smtpbridge/ -q $nexthop -s $sender -r $recipient