But when exporting I ran into the following exception:
MDS-00001: exception in Metadata Services layer MDS-00511: failure to create document /soa/b2b/Custom/DocVersion_V1.2/MyAcknowledgementDocType /MyAcknowledgement /MyAcknowledgement.xsd \DocVersion_V1.2\MyAcknowledgementDocType \MyAcknowledgement \MyAcknowledgement_1p2.xsd C:\Windows\TEMP\Export817535\soa\b2b\Custom\DocVersion_V1.2\MyAcknowledgementDocType \MyAcknowledgement \MyAcknowledgement_1p2.xsd (The system cannot find the path specified)
What I actually did in the renaming was to create a new doctype with docdefinition, along the incorrect ones, with copy/pasting the oldnames and changing the typo (...Acknowlegdement... into ...Acknowledgement...). But apparently I got an extra trailingspace in my new name. It appeared in two docTypes.
I removed the deployments of the particular agreements, removed the document registrations at the Trading Partners (both host and remote) and then removed the DocType under the Administration/Documents menu.
After that I could create the documentTypes again (now payed extra attention to possible trailing spaces), recreated the document registration at the partners and the agreements. After that I could export the repository succesfully again.
Bottom line: you apparently can have trailing spaces in the names, but this will lead into export errors...